Friday, January 15, 2010

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Our new home has a lemon tree. . . and they are fresh for the picking! Yeah. My first harvest of fruit and I have only lived here 3 weeks! My sister, Karissa, gave me a phenomenal idea when she called asking for a lemon curd recipe that didn't require a double broiler. It didn't take me long and I found on allrecipes.com a great MICROWAVE recipe. Let's just say that this lemon curd turned out great! I will definately be making this again! It was very scrumptious. I need to make some scones to go with it. . . that would be so delicious and . . . a great excuse to start baking.

Here's the recipe:

Microwave Lemon Curd
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 cup fresh lemon juice
3 lemons, zested
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Cook in the microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the microwave, and pour into small sterile jars. Store for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.


2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike, Jolie. I made Lemon Curd with lemons from our tree today, too. Yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would happen if I used salted butter? Anything bad? It sounds good, but whenever I buy unsalted butter it sits in our fridge FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...