Monday, November 18, 2013

Snickerdoodle Bread

If you follow me on Facebook or instagram, you have probably heard of my quest to find of cinnamon chips.  And, thanks to several of my very helpful friends (followers), I found the infamous chips at Walmart (which means, I stepped foot inside a walmart. . . something I don't like to do unless absolutely necessary. . . this WAS necessary).   So, thank you very much!  I bought 5 bags and plan on buying more next month and hoarding them in my freezer, bring them out periodically over the next 12 months.  I think it will work, right.  (I must say, I am not normally a hoarder, but when it comes to this recipe, and a few others, I will hoard in order to make them during the year.  You do what you have to do! 
 You see, 2 years ago, you could find these chips during the holidays at your local grocery store.  I bought 2 bags, not knowing how much I would LOVE the treats baked from them, including the recipe I am about to share with you.  Then, they disappeared from the shelves only to be brought back to select stores nationwide.  (I really think that needs to change. . . I am surprised more people haven't scoured shelves for them because this recipe is a KEEPER! 

Recipes for Snickerdoodle bread are all over Pinterest.  Most of them are pretty much the same recipe, but some changed it up a bit.  I liked one that used Sugar in the Raw instead of regular sugar for the topping.  It gave it more of a crunch, kind of like Panera's cinnamon crunch bagel (we are huge fans!).  But, if you don't have it available in your pantry, feel free to use regular sugar. . . It's still going to be awesome!


Snicker Doodle Quick Bread
adapted from various pins on Pinterest, like this one

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup sour cream
1 pkg. Hershey's cinnamon chips
1 tbsp. flour
3 TBS sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:

Cream together butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and mix well.   Add vanilla and sour cream.  Mix well.  Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.  Then sift slowly into batter.  Do not over mix!  Combine cinnamon chips in a bowl with 1 tbsp flour.  Stir together and then pour into batter.  Stir with a spoon.  Spoon into 4 mini loaf pans.  Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over each loaf.  Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.  Cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...