Friday, December 20, 2013

5 days until Christmas {And a freebie!}

Christmas is 5 (dare I say short?) days away!  Part of me feels very bittersweet, because I love how my house is decorated, I love the traditions, I love family time.  I do not look forward to packing everything back up into boxes. . . I dread that.  Anybody else feel that way, too?

I have been spending a lot of time creating for Christmas this year.  The teachers gifts are finished and have already been given.  (are you following me on instagram?)

I made these.  Twice.

I have gone to 2 craft nights and a third, that I just had to turn down because I needed to slow down a bit.  It was a good choice.  I am getting really good at saying no.  This year has been really good for me.

I caught a cold.  I secretly  blame the TK'er.  He had a cold and snuggled with me.  It's only natural that I should catch it, right?  Thankfully, it was short lived and am almost 100 percent better.

I have drank far too many gingerbread lattes this season. . . my body might go into shock after Christmas when all my favorite drinks dissapear.

I worked on an awesome tutorial for you to do with this year's Christmas card before you throw them away.  I hope to have that up for you in the next couple of days.

Tonight we started a new tradition.  My 5 year old has been asking to go on a scavenger hunt and then I found all these links to Christmas Light Scavenger Hunts!  What a great idea!  I totally thank Pinterest for the inspiration.  And, I can completely see this tradition lasting for years accompanied by hot cocoa and fresh baked cookies. . . when the kids are older and can handle that before heading to bed.  For the first year, we had a blast!  The kids had fun. . . the parents had fun.  It was a win-win.  Did I mention, this new tradition doesn't cost a dime.  

This year, I just printed out one I found on Pinterest, but added to it as we walked around.  I made this one when we got back, so I would have it for next year, but thought maybe you might want to do it, too.  I think next year, we might count how many reindeer we can find and see who can find the most. . . maybe even a prize for the winner?

So, here's another Christmas gift, from me to you. . . click here to get the Scavenger Hunt and start your own family fun night now.

What family traditions do you and your family do?  Did you try this one?  How did it go?  I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...