Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread

I think it's Spring here.  But then again, it's been spring since January.  But, my plum tree is starting to bloom and I planted my spring garden. . . we will see if it grows (I need to work on the whole green thumb thing).   I've also been watching some of the Olympics. . . but blast them for being on so late.  It's actually been quite the distraction from my to-do list, but I was able to work on a present for my sister and get some more triangles sewn for my quilt.   Sewing relaxes me.  

But, I've had this picture in my files and it's about time I shared it with you.  (If you follow me on instagram, then you were taunted by this picture a few months ago when I posted it when I made it).  You've been patient! 
This bread was a huge hit in my house, especially among my cinnamon roll loving boys (I mentioned that in this post). I really like making quick breads, because they are quick to make (you don't have to wait for yeast to rise), and most often than not, you don't have to use your mixer. . . meaning fewer dishes.  Don't be intimidated by the three steps, they are all super easy and will make the bread taste amazing!

Cinnamon Roll Bread
adapted from rumblytumbly

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/3 heavy cream
1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla

1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbs milk or heavy cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, cream together sugar, egg, yogurt, and cream.
Add flour, baking powder,and salt to the wet mixture.  Remember, just like muffins, be careful to not over mix.  Pour about 1/3 of the batter into your greased loaf pan.

Mix your cinnamon sugar mixture and put half of it over the first layer of batter.  Then pour another 1/3 batter into pan and top with some more sugar mixture.  Do this again.

Bake bread for about 40 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.  While that's cooking, go ahead and mix your sugar and milk together for the glaze.  When your bread is finished, let it cool for about 15 minutes and drizzle with glaze.  Let it set and dig in!

Happy Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...