Thursday, February 27, 2014

Mini Lemon Rolls

Yesterday, my son asked me if tomorrow was Friday.  My answer was yes.  A good, honest yes.  Good thing that I very quickly reminded myself, and him, that it was only Wednesday.  I think we both may have been momentarily sad for a quick minute.  While, it seems hard to believe that it is only Wednesday, I am thankful for my "extra" day.  I am being way too ambitious for the hours in a day!  
If you are in a hurry to get to your weekend, here's a wonderfully, easy breakfast treat!  And since, I am going grocery shopping after I drop off Ethan at school. . .and we are nearly out of groceries (don't worry, I am going tomorrow!), I might just make these.  I am pretty sure I saw a can in our nearly empty refrigerator.
 My kids gobble these up very quickly. . . and there's not a bit of cinnamon in them.  Sugar. . . yes. Cinnamon. . . nope!  These are great for broadening my children's palate (you know, beyond their love of cinnamon rolls).  And they are so easy!  All you need is a mini muffin pan, crescent rolls, lemon, sugar, powdered sugar, and a bit of milk.  Seriously, sooo easy!

Easy Lemon Rolls

Ingredients:
1 can Crescent Rolls
3/4 cup sugar (maybe even less. . . I don't measure on this recipe)
Lemon zest from one lemon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk  or lemon juice (once again, just wing it)

Directions:
Preheat oven according to the package directions (possibly 375, but you should double check, just to be sure).

Layout your dough flat, laying the two rectangles side by side.  Pinch the seams together and run a roller over it, just a little (it's okay to skip this part, but not the pinching. . . you will have a mess if you don't.).

In your favorite cereal bowl (yes, I said cereal bowl), pour some sugar and zest your lemon.  Then stick your fingers in and mush them all together, so that you can release the lemon oils and spread that lemon-y goodness all over your rolls.

Spread sugar/zest mixture over crescent roll dough.  Roll it up.  Cut into slices.  Place slices into greased mini muffin tin.  Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are nice golden brown.

While they are baking, get out your second favorite cereal bowl.  Pour some powdered sugar in it and then stir in a couple tbsp milk (or lemon juice).  I start with one and then slowly add more.  Stir until you get a perfect texture.  I sometimes even throw in a bit of Karo syrup to give it a bit of a glossy sheen.

When your timer buzzes, and your crescent rolls look perfect, take them out of the oven and spread some of that yummy glaze.  Let a cool for a few minutes and then start eating.. . if you can wait for them to cool!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...