Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Peach-Plum Cobbler (nearly dairy free)



My 5 year old fell asleep.  I am currently sitting here blogging because I am afraid to do anything that might wake the sleeping boy up.  Excuse the poor pictures, they were on my phone and it was late last night, and well, all I can say is this is soooo yummy!
Our plum tree has been harvested and now I am working on cooking up yummy things to do with all those plums.  When searching Pinterest, this one just looks amazing.  I made a few adaptions, and it Wow'd my husband!  I am not always sure how things will turn out when I don't use regular milk, with the whole fat/cream issue.  But, this recipe turned out delicious.  I didn't use any vanilla, because my vanilla almond milk already had it in it, and I also had some vanilla sugar I made up last month.  If you make this and use milk, and regular sugar, I would recommend some vanilla.

Have you been baking this week?  What are you making?


Peach-Plum Cobbler (and nearly dairy free)
adapted from Simple Bites

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 cups sliced peaches
2 cups sliced plums
lemon juice
1/4 cup vanilla sugar (regular sugar is fine if you don't have any)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp cold, unsalted butter
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
sugar in the raw, for sprinkling

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Grab a medium sized baking dish.  I used my 9x9 glass pyrex container.  
In a medium bowl, toss sliced fruit in (I left them with their skins on) lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch.  Give them a few stirs to make sure they are all nice and mixed up.  Put fruit in baking dish and set aside. 
In a small bowl, combine flower, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.  Cut butter into small pieces and work them into the dough with your fingers.  Add almond milk and stir just enough until combined.  Scoop over dough and sprinkle with some sugar in the raw.  
Bake for about 30 minutes.  Serve with some yummy vanilla bean ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...