Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2 week hiatus catch up!

I don't know about you all, but this summer has been keeping us incredibly busy.  I like it!  The past 2 weeks have been full of everything but blog posts.  It was nice to take a break and spend time with my family.  If you follow me on Instagram, you probably have an idea of what my last 2 weeks looked like, but if not here you go.

The first week was filled with Vacation Bible School at our church.  This year we did Group's Weird Animals and it was a blast.  Both of my boys came home with smiles!  I came home exhausted because I was in charge of snacks for all the preschool, elementary, and volunteers.  Make that between 400 and 500 snacks made daily.  CRAZY, right?  It was so much fun!  I had a wonderful crew of helpers!  One of he days we made happy faces. . . because Jesus loves you even if you are different!  You should have seen the looks when I went to pick up 600 sugar cookies from the local grocery store.
VBS ended and our family vacation started.  It was quite relaxing!  We spent the week pretty close to our home doing all sorts of fun things and getting some work done on our kitchen re-do project (It's coming a long nicely!).

I made these muffins. . . they were a big hit! And great for munching on the road to Monterey!.
While in Monterey, we enjoyed the Aquarium and Pacific Grove and then came home.  It was a fun day!

ooh, and I found some super cute fabric at a cute shop in Pacific Grove.  It had the best lighting ever!  If I ever opened a fabric store, I would want the lighting in this one.  But, I think you have to be close to the beach. . . which would be awesome!  The kids played golf on our phones while I did some shopping!  If you are ever in Pacific Grove go visit Back Porch Fabrics!
We came home from vacation and were surprised to wake up with a sick little.  But thankfully that was short lived and by lunch time he was running around like he had never been sick.
The Hubby and I even got to sneak away for a quick date.  Our planned spot was already full so we headed to BJ's for some handcrafted rootbeer.  My hubby is quite the rootbeer lover!
This week, I made this and it has been keeping the boys busy as we get back into our summer routine (for a few more weeks, that is!).
And, we had some celebrating to do last night, so we went out for slushies!  Talk about a pre-bed sugar high!
I hope to get pictures off my camera and start blogging regularly this week!  Hope you are having a fun summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...