Wednesday, September 17, 2014

zucchini love!

My garden was somewhat successful this year (as in things actually produced fruit).  I've got two plant zucchini plants that I really thought were done and suddenly started shooting out zucchini again.  Seriously.  I blame the Fresno heat.  I don't mind, though, because my heirloom tomato plant started making tomatoes last week.  Not kidding.  We must do things slow here.  My jalapeno plant is also going crazy, which means I should probably make something soon.  But, in the meantime I am going to share with you a super yummy recipe that might just make you feel better about your chocolate chip cookies.  Because, the very fact that you have loaded them with shredded zucchini makes them healthy.  Just ignore all the sugar and butter.  




Zucchini-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Nestle

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 sugar
1 egg
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 1.2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup quick oats
1 cup chopped nuts (I didn't add these)
1 pkg. dark chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla.  Beat well.  Add in dry ingredients.  Add in zucchini, oatmeal and chocolate chips.  Mix until just combined.  Use a cookie scoop to drop onto lined baking sheet.

Bake for 9-11 minutes.  Cool for 2 minutes before moving.  Store on a wire rack until completely cool.  Eat with a tall glass of milk.  Share with a friend!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...