Friday, October 17, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like fall {in my house}

Fall decided to come this week.   I am ready.  Believe me, October in the high 90's and sometimes 100's is no fun.  So, I decided to decorate for Fall.  I'm not really a Halloween person, but I love Fall and don't intend on changing the decor until I get the Christmas stuff out.  I looked around Home Goods and Target, for ideas and items, but seriously didn't really want to spend a ton of money.  So, I got on Pinterest and talked to my husband, and headed to Lowes.
I bought a long piece of wood and some paint samples, spending right at 10 dollars for this project.  The letters on the sign, I just used vinyl from my stash and my cricut and painted them.  I am going to be working on some tags for us to write out Thankful's starting in November!
Sources:
Corks - Michael's
Lantern - Ikea, but from a few years ago.  You can find one like it here.
Brown paint - Divine Buck, Target
Cream Paint - Lyndhurst Estate Cream, Valspar for Lowes
Orange paint - Autumn Gala, Valspar for Lowes
Pumpkin Tutorial - here.  I didn't follow the tutorial exactly.  We used different measurements and used liquid nails instead of wood glue.
With the extra wood, I had my dad cut out triangles for some fun candy corn wedges.  I highly reccomend Frog Tape for this project!  Perfect lines!

Sources: 
wire basket - Dollar spot at Target
Paint: all from above, Yellow - Martha Stewart Satin Acrylic paint in Meadowlark from my stash.  I got it at JoAnns or Michael's.
And finally, my chalkboard.  Loving the way it came out!  I've got some sewing to do to finish some decor up.  Can't wait to share that with you! 

Do you decorate for Fall?  Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...