Thursday, November 13, 2014

for baby. . .

I am an expert at procrastinating.   Seriously.  In college, I did some of my best work at the last minute.  This project, a work in progress for about 3 weeks, included a couple late night dates with my friend, the sewing machine.  Good times!
I was looking for some fun yellow and gray fabric for a shower last weekend and came across this sweet organic fabric at our local fabric shop.  This wasn't grey, but the super pale brown was almost like gray and the fabric was oh, so soft.  I just did a simple patchwork of 5 inch squares backed with some soft minky.  I also made some coordinating burpees to go with it.

I also made this cute card. . . following the yellow and grey pattern.  I used the Hearts A Flutter stamp set, with barely banana, and basic gray inks.  I also used the sweet baby stamp from the Bitty Banners stamp set. I also used all the coordinating framelits to cut out the shapes.  The stars were from this embossilits set.  I used the hexagon texture folder for the background.

This was a super fun gift to put together.  I can't wait to meet the newest Gerking when he (or she?) makes his arrival.  Ethan and Weston can't wait to have a new cousin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...