Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A gift for Karissa!



I have the coolest sister.  It's true.  She pretty much rocks!  She's my younger, bigger sister that pretty much inspires me.  She is so creative and can pretty much do anything.  She's also one of the bravest people I know, too (hopefully soon I will be able to share her newest project!).  We live 1200 miles apart, so when it comes to gift giving. . . well, I pretty much stink at it.  I buy or make (or both) her something and it literally gets to her 6 months to a year later!  No joke!  But, shipping is expensive and we saved our stuff to go with my parents when they joined her for Christmas.  It works.  I am pretty much sure that that I am not alone on this one (she does the same thing).  

This year, I saw this cute coffee mug on sale at Pottery Barn and thought it would be the cutest gift to send to my coffee drinking sister (she consumes WAY more coffee than I do!).  I thought it would be super cute to make her a mug rug with some bright fabrics from my stash.  I had never made one before, but I am loving how it came out!  It wasn't perfect, since it was my first one, but now I can't wait to make another one.  


She loved it.  Her boyfriend thought it was stupid. . . until he was caught using it when he was sick.  Then it suddenly became cool!  It's big enough to fit a good sized coffee cup and a small treat on it.  Plus, you can just throw it in the washing machine when you are done so and it washes!

Definitely going to go make me one.  But not today. . . a sick little boy needs some extra love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...