Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What's for dinner? (April Edition)

I'm getting a late start, but here are some of our new dinner favorites!  April was super busy, but we managed to try some new recipes, which makes this foodie-mom super happy!  And even more, these recipes were super easy!  What new recipes did you try last month. . . share in the comments! 

Asian Lemon Chicken
This chicken was super yummy and not as much work as this orange chicken.  If you haven't cooked with cornstarch. . . it really is a life changer!  It also has pineapple juice. . . so don't forget to pick up a can when you head to the store.  I highly recommend adding a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce up, because it was runny side.

Baked Sesame Chicken
You might think we were on a chinese food kick, and you'd probably be right.  But, really, I am feeling way more comfortable in my Oriental food making than I used to.  It is so easy and equally yummy!  This recipe, came on a night towards the end of the month, where I was almost out of anything worthwhile.  We had chicken and rice and not a whole lot of anything.  It was also carnival week, and there was absolutely NO time to go grocery shopping.  My poor family suffered that week!  But, I found this recipe and I had all the ingredients!  That was a serious win!  So, I baked these guys up right in the skillet I browned the chicken in (yes, I was lazy and yes, it's a cast iron skillet, so it can do both. . . you should buy one if you don't).  My husband can't wait to have this one again! 

Garlic Rosemary Pork Tenderloin
I had originally bought the pork tenderloin sitting in my freezer for a different meal.  I will probably try that recipe a different day, but last month it was used for this.  We really liked it, and it was super simple.  I might even do the rub and slice it before freezing it and make a freezer meal with it.  That way the flavors have more time to marinate and make it super easy for a weeknight meal! 




1 / 2 / 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...