Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Magazines are cool and so is Chocolate!

I like magazines.  I like them a lot.  My favorite ones are centered around food and crafts.  I am sure that isn't surprising.  However, sometimes they get stacked up until I have time to read them.  This week, I have started tackling that stack. . . and boy does it feel good to sit, relax, and read.  This week, my kids are fighting a nasty cold and so in between cuddling and taking temperatures I am getting some reading done, and this obviously leads to baking. . . despite the fact that it is incredibly hot here!

I blame my bff for this recipe. . . it's her fault for subscribing it to me.  But seriously, I love my gift, and I think my family does too, because the cookies are getting rave reviews from all my test tasters.  
But, despite the heat, chocolate sounded so good and this recipe looked yummy!  And so, while my kiddos were taking a nap this morning, I whipped these up really quick.  They hit the spot, especially when my littlest sickling was whining at exponential proportions.  I mean, these things are sooo good.  I think that you should make some.  soon.  in fact, today, maybe.
 


 Triple Chocolate Cookies
adapted from allrecipes magazine, feb/mar 2014

Ingredients
8 oz. chopped semi sweet chocolate, metled
1 cup flour
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup dutch cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5  TBS butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt chocolate chunks in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.  Set aside.  In your mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars until nice and creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in melted chocolate and then add dry ingredients.  Mix in chocolate chips.  Let sit for about 30 minutes. . . if you can. 

Using your medium cookie scoop, scoop balls onto silpat lined baking sheet and gently press down balls with your palm.  (I find that you are more likely to get the crinkly, perfectly round look rather than a pile of chocolate that closely resembles a pile of poop. . . and please tell me that I am not the only one who thinks that/!?!) 

Bake for 10 minutes and then let sit for another 10 minutes . . . if you can keep away for that long, that is! 

Then eat. . . and maybe save some for a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...