Friday, August 28, 2015

Roasted Aritchoke Hearts with a garlic aoli

So, we are two weeks into the school year.   And the countdown has begun to the period of time, I like to refer to as "all things pumpkin."  But, as much as I really fall food, I really LOVE summer food.  And living in the Central Valley, I won't lie. The fruits and veggies are awesome!  I may be spoiled, when it comes to good quality produce.   One of my favorite things I did this summer (twice, in fact) was stop by a produce shop just the 1, between Monterey and Castroville.  I can get 12 artichokes for a dollar and it's amazing.  One of the best parts of this stand is the famous Choke Coach.  They sell all sorts of artichoke food, but my favorite is fried artichokes with a garlic sauce.  They are completely worth the $6 dollars!   Sometime this summer, I found this pin and new I just had to make them.  So, at my next Trader Joe's visit, I picked up a bag of frozen artichoke hearts and saved them for a rainy day. . . well. . . it doesn't rain much here, but you get the idea. 
 
I ended up making them one night for dinner and I probably could have eaten the whole bag.  They taste like fried artichokes. . . without the fry.  In my head, that makes them healthy, right?  I paired these with my traditional garlic aoli.  Just blogging about these, makes me think that I need to go and get some more and make some for dinner next week. . . or maybe just for a snack.

Roasted Artichoke Hearts

Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen artichoke hearts
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice

Directions:
First, the above measurements are just guidelines.  I don't really measure with this recipe.  I just sprinkle and toss.

Pour your bag of artichoke hearts onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and peper.  Toss with your hands. . . don't be afraid to get your fingers dirty.  Stick in the oven at 425 for about 45 minutes.

Garlic Aoli

1/4 cup mayo
1 garlic clove, minced
lemon juice
salt and pepper

Mix together and chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...