Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Teal Pumpkin Project {Free Printable}

Can I just vent to you for a bit?  Food allergies suck.  They just do.  As an adult who has had them all my life, I just sort of deal with it.  But, watching my sweet surfer boy deal with allergies has been sad.  It was harder when he was a toddler, because he really didn't understand that he couldn't eat Goldfish or Cheese-its and there were a lot of melt downs because of it.  Now that's he's a little bit older (4 1/2 is so much easier than when he was 2!), he has an understanding that we avoid dairy and soy like the plague in this house.  But, he also knows that we usually have a good alternative for yummy treats (I will post our favorite dairy allergy foods soon), so we don't have melt downs very often.  The thing I dread, though is the sadness he gets after trick or treating and realizing. . . he can't eat any of it.  Guess what?  We just deal with dairy and soy. . . there are kids out there that deal with so much more: fructose, tree nuts, peanuts (which surprisingly is not the same as tree nuts) and many others.  

Last year, I heard about the Teal Pumpkin Project and it got me so excited!  Then I forgot all about it until after Halloween was over.  Mom fail.  This year, I'm kind of on the ball (insert proud mommy face here).  I made a printable (that you, too, can print out), especially if you don't have the time or energy to paint a pumpkin teal.  I don't right now. . . although it sound like a lot of fun!  I also picked up some cool bubbles and erasers from Target to hand out to the kids who have allergies.  Apparently, I am running out  of color ink, so mine didn't print the greatest.  I had planned on having it printed at Office Max, but, I forgot and then ran out of time.  Oops!

You can check out more about the Teal Pumpkin Project here and here

You can print out my sign here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments and feedback. . . It makes my day!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...